Although rare, in the event you are in an elevator that stops between floors, or that stops and the doors will not open, do not use force to open the doors and never attempt to evacuate an elevator that is not at floor level. The following procedures should be followed:
- Contact the Security Console using the emergency onboard intercom system. The control center is staffed twenty four hours a day seven days a week.
- Provide the officer with your full name, company and / or department and elevator cab number (located above the emergency telephone). Be prepared to give information regarding events which occurred just prior to the elevator stopping.
- Immediately advise Security if medical assistance is required.
- Maintain open communication lines until you are instructed to do otherwise by a Duke Energy Center security officer.
- An officer will be dispatched to your location, and the emergency elevator service company will be called in to release you.
- Please do not use force to attempt to open doors. In the event of malfunction, the doors may only be opened from the outside.
Please report ALL elevator problems or concerns to Building Management at 704-330-2500 or to the Security Control Center at 704-330-2525.