If anyone in your office is injured or experiences a medical emergency, please call Building Security at 704-330-2525 immediately. Please also call 911. Building Security will respond to the incident and will also call 911. If you call 911, provide the dispatcher with the following information:
- Type of emergency (bleeding, heart failure, etc.)
- Condition/description of victim (male/female, conscious/unconscious, etc.)
- Location (building name, street address, suite number, etc)
- Your name and telephone number
Security will assist Medic in locating your office in a timely manner. Building Security personnel are cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), automated external defibrillator (AED) and first aid trained and equipped with a portable AED.
- Have someone meet the responding Security Officer when he / she arrives
- Keep the victim calm and comfortable
- Do not move the victim
- Administer first aid, only if trained
- Maintain privacy and crowd control around the victim
- Try to gather as much information about the victim from co-workers and witnesses to give to the Medic when he/she arrives.