The below rules and guidelines should be observed when moving furniture, files or equipment into or out of Duke Energy Center or between floors. Please refer to your lease for any additional or non-standard terms or conditions that may apply.
- All moves must be scheduled in advance with Building Management.
- The tenant must contact the Management Office at 704-330-2500. The tenant's move will be based upon availability of the service elevators and loading dock.
- All tenant moves must be scheduled to take place between the hours of 5:00 PM Friday evenings and 3:00 PM Sunday afternoon. Small moves may be scheduled to take place between 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM on Monday through Thursday evenings.
- Exclusive use of the service elevators will be granted during designated moving times whenever possible. However, depending upon other activities in the building, it may be necessary for the tenant's moving company to share the service elevators with others.
- In the event of an emergency, tenants' use of the service elevators will be suspended for use by the Fire Department, Medic, etc.
- The tenant's moving company is required to protect all walls, floors and doors during the move. The tenant's moving company must protect stone or wood flooring with Masonite panels. The tenant will be responsible for any damage to building finishes caused by its' moving company or employees.
- The tenant's moving company must be experienced in working with high-rise buildings and must maintain adequate insurance. Each employee of the moving company must be in uniform at all times. Any employee of the moving company not conducting themselves in a professional manner or dressed in suitable attire will be asked to leave the property.
- The tenant is responsible for removal of all cardboard boxes and other packaging materials from the premises. We recommend that this be stipulated by the tenant as a condition of its contract with the moving company.
The tenant is required to remove all furniture, equipment, boxes, trash and other materials from the premises when vacating the building and to leave the premises in "broom clean" condition. The tenant will be held liable for any expense incurred to clean the premises or remove personal effects following a move out. The tenant is also obligated to remove data or communications wires and equipment installed in the walls and ceiling and for any costs incurred to repair damage to the premises or the building caused by activities of tenant or its agent, normal wear and tear excepted. The tenant is responsible for informing its moving company of these procedures as well as other rules and regulations of the building.
The following is strictly prohibited:
- Movement of furniture or equipment during regular business hours.
- Use of passenger elevators for movement of furniture or equipment.
- Use of dollies, hand trucks, carts or other moving equipment on passenger elevators at any time.